New ToK Dropbox

New ToK Dropbox
Go here to download all the slides, handouts, & other thrilling stuff that you see in class.
http://bislib.wikispaces.com/TOK

Sunday, 12 December 2010

Hypocrites - Ting, Clem, Pual, Christiana, TramTran

We know from the Dawkins videos we watched that there is already a shortage of funds for medical research (that's called a reference kids, try it sometime). Thus if you divert funds from existing cancer research on to any other area, hiv, homeopathy, whatever - you will be taking beds & treatments from already sick people.

Are you going to tell them you removed their treatments to follow some other idea you've had? If you aren't willing to face these people, then you have no right to make these decisions. i.e. you're hypocrites.

12 comments:

  1. I don't know what the others suggest, but i disagree with diverting present funding for medicine.what i propose is diverting money from other fields that are not necessary. For example, funding could be taken from the trillions spent by governments on weaponry, defense, and war. Instead of spending to kill, the world should spend to save lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee Ting remember that little aside I made about references? Where are yours? And even if Vietnam is spending trillions on defense, what would you rather have? Open boarders? We already have border disputes with China & Burma. Yes please come pillage our women and rape our cows?

    Hold on I'm not finished. The military is a major source of enployment. What will you do with ll those unemployed and the social problems that follow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that's what you think - us being hypocrites, then fine, why would we care? At least we've suggested some possible ideas on funds going somewhere useful.

    Supporting Ting, money could be taken away for medical research from those billions of dollars used to pay football players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'LL FACE THEM WHENEVER I WANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please read my comment, before you personally attack my opinion Mr. Jacques.Ive not said to stop researching cancer, but merely to just also research homeopathy. I think cancer research is vital.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am all for spending on *necessary* defense (such as with Vietnam). But what about unnecessary spending? The USA spendings about 50% of total worldwide expenditure on war. Surely this is not necessary? What I am suggesting is that countries with excessive military spending invest more in health.
    yes, decreasing spending on the military would lose jobs. But spending more on health would enlarge the healthcare sector, providing more jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christiane, it must be nice living in Utopia. We all know there there is a global shortage of research funds. So when ever you spend more money in one area, you are taking away from another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ting, please refer to my previous post on medical spending being stupid. Most modern illnesses are caused by lifestyle. So why should we spend money researching allnesses that are mostly preventable? We should spend it where we can actually save lives, on fighting terrorist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. take money away from useless things governments are spending tax money on! (secret government conspiracy projects, secret services, weapons)-- GOVERNMENTS ARE ALWAYS UP TO SOMETHING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly, ChristiANA. =] .
    And i think we should take away money on supporting people who do not work, and live off government funds. Im not saying to take it away from cancer. but i dont think people who work, and earn an income, should pay to support, people who are perfectly capable of making their own living, and yet, we support them. or for instance, why should the EU help bail out greece, they over spent, it's their problem. But i think, no money should be taken a way from cancer research.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. Jacques, are you suggesting that we return to medieval days when we could die from a shallow cut?? but let us, for a moment, forget if medical spending is useful. Spending into homoeopathy doesn't have to be classified into "medical" spending only. As i suggested before, knowledge into atomic structures could make bio-weapons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MR Jacques,
    Have you actually read what I wrote? I disagree with cutting down spending on cancer as I said that cancer is a major illness. What I said is that we should divert fund from other useless research (there are many of them) to focus on cancer and homeopathy. And I said that more fund would be diverted on cancer rather than homeopathy.
    BUT you should OPEN UP YOUR MIND to new things [-x? we humans are all about learning new thingssss

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.