My comment on one of the questions for our homework was :
Should more money be spent trying to solve the homoeopathy puzzle, or diverted to cancer research?
More money should be fund for HIV/AIDS. I know this is not part of the possible answers for this specific questions, but cancer has some cures and researches are made everyday to cure cancer using different techniques. Homeopathy puzzle is complicated but can be solved. However for HIV/AIDS, 32.9 million of people are living with this virus on Earth and it is killing 3 people per minute, I think this is more important...
If I was forced to choose then I would say homeopathy puzzle because that would be very efficient for it to be solved, and for people to use a new kind of medecine, increasing people's knowledge, like a new step in evolution.
More money should be fund for HIV/AIDS. I know this is not part of the possible answers for this specific questions, but cancer has some cures and researches are made everyday to cure cancer using different techniques. Homeopathy puzzle is complicated but can be solved. However for HIV/AIDS, 32.9 million of people are living with this virus on Earth and it is killing 3 people per minute, I think this is more important...
If I was forced to choose then I would say homeopathy puzzle because that would be very efficient for it to be solved, and for people to use a new kind of medecine, increasing people's knowledge, like a new step in evolution.
HIV/AIDS is one virus that is spread worldwide every single day which doesn't have a specific origin, meaning we don't really know when and where it came from. Nowadays it is possible to PREVENT it but not yet to CURE it. We can prevent it by using contraception, desinfection of all needles used in hospital or elsewhere, raising awareness in some countries that might have never heard of HIV or AIDS. As I mentioned it in my comment, 32.9 million of people are living with the virus on Earth and 3 people are getting killed per minute. If we think about it our whole TOK class would be dead in 4.5 minutes. (This is just an image to show ou
CANCER is a desease that leads to replication of cancerous cells. Doctors can't really explain why some people get it and some not, but possible harmful factors (like smoking, having a particular lifestyle, abusing of some type of food, or other things we come across everyday,) can cause it. There are different types of cancers and doctors have cured it before although it is very risky (a lot of people died from it). Therefore there's always some possible cures for cancer.
Those are two things that can ruin thousands of peoples' lives and it is not a fun thing to go through. Now if you think about HIV/AIDS for a second, people aren't getting anywhere. They still die at the end, and this is why it makes it more urgent for people to fund HIV/AIDS cure because if it was found, millions of people would get the virus out of their immune system and life could get better,but we wouldn't even know that because nothing has been done yet. Okay, scientists aren't going anywhere with HIV research so far, if more people would get involved, with a good fund, MAYBE we could get somewhere.
lol no offence clem but we're fighting over homeopathy and cancer...not HIV/AIDS...just sayying
ReplyDeleteMr. Jacques asked me to post something about HIV AIDS because I mentioned it in my first comment on Homeopathy. :)
ReplyDeleteohhhh.......ok
ReplyDelete